Author's Note

This story is a sequel to River Bend, which was a sequel to Whitewater.  All three novels are stand-alones, which means they do not have to be read in order.  It always helps to do so, but is not necessary. 

Please forgive any mistakes you might discover--typographical or otherwise; they are mine, and mine alone.  Proofreading a lengthy tale can be arduous, and I'm sure I haven't cleaned out all the errors yet.  I do have other stories on the drawing board which will involve some of the characters in Return to River Bend, but for the moment, my only goal and hope is that you will find this tale an enjoyable and worthwhile read.  All my labors will have been successful if such is the case.

A note about type size:  If you are using Internet Explorer and the type is too small, then go to View-->Text Size.  It defaults at "Medium."  Click on "Larger" or "Largest" and you should get a much bigger type, much easier to read.

Mark K. Lewis